Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day One: Hatred

I sometimes have a hard time with being honest... not with others, more with myself.... I try to shield myself sometimes with the happy thoughts that I "think" should being running through my head rather than the ugly things that sometimes are. I also know I have an "image" to uphold... so many times I don't post things that I know would lessen how others view me, even if it really is how I feel.

So, when I repeatedly kept seeing this challenge of the 30 Days of Truth...I asked myself if I could really truly do it. Allow others to see the raw and truthful side that I most of the time don't post.

It’s just a series of writing prompts, encouraging you to be honest and truthful.
I saw here...and they got it from here.

I will work my way through these... but I do use my blog as my outlet. So with that being said, there will be days that I tell what is on my mind instead. Also, there are some Meme's that I just loooove to do (i.e. - Post-It Note Tuesday). So my postings on these may not be consecutive.

So....Without further ado.

Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
I hate that I am alone... and that I cant find that "perfect" relationship that I desire with my whole heart. I hate that I am losing hope in finding that relationship. I hate that I continue to see friends and loved ones' marriages crumble around me and I wonder why I even try to strive for what they once had. I hate that I am the person that people come to when they want to know how to get through the gut wrenching strife of divorce because they know I have survived it. It's not that I hate helping them... it's that I have the knowledge to help them.

I hate that I have things that I hate about myself.

"Hate cages all the good things about you." ~Terri Guillemets

Here's to a happier topic the next go around...

Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.
Day 06 → Something you hope you never have to do.
Day 07 → Someone who has made your life worth living for.
Day 08 → Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.
Day 09 → Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.
Day 10 → Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know.
Day 11 → Something people seem to compliment you the most on.
Day 12 → Something you never get compliments on.
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
Day 14 → A hero that has let you down. (letter)
Day 15 → Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it.
Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.
Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
Day 24 → Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)
Day 25 → The reason you believe you’re still alive today.
Day 26 → Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why?
Day 27 → What’s the best thing going for you right now?
Day 28 → What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do?
Day 29 → Something you hope to change about yourself. And why.
Day 30 → A letter to yourself, tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,

    I just thought I'd drop you a quick message to say I'm following your suit so I've included a link to your blog. Wish me luck.

    Hope your having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!