Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Twenty: Addictions

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
These are not my addictions.
I have never tried drugs... nor do I ever plan to.
Alcohol ...I normally intake in limited quantities.

My grandpa was an alcoholic.
I remember when I was about 5 or 6, walking into his apartment on Father's Day.
The stench of puke engulfed my nose.
I didn't know why... why he was so sick.
There were bottles everywhere.... and rinds... lime rinds.
My mom rushed us out before we could wish him a Happy Father's Day.
As a kid, these things don't make sense to you.

Now... don't let me lead you to believe that I have lived some angelic life where I have never drank and become drunk...
No. That would be a lie.

I can honestly say I have been drunk more times since my divorce than I ever was in college....or my early 20's.

I won't make excuses. Alcohol has a strange way of bringing people together.
It can also go the opposite way though... and tear people apart.
So... I guess that is why I limit my intake of it... because I don't ever want someone to have an image etched forever in their brain of me being drunk... and them not understand why.

Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!