Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Nineteen: Untouchable

Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?

Ha. Religion and politics. Didn't anyone ever tell you that those are two subjects that you don't breech?
Well... Since I am not very political, I suppose that I will speak on religion.

My religious views have changed over the years.
I was raised in a Christain family.
In fact, not going to church was not an option when I was a kid.

I have always believed in God.
No questions asked.

Even through my "dark" years, when I blamed God for my motherless life... I still believed in Him.
And then... there was the time of my life that I couldn't face the inside of a church as I felt everyone inside was judging me. That's when I had to come to the realization that worshiping doesn't have to occur inside a "special" building... it just has to occur.

I am not a Bible thumper.
I don't share God with others as much as I should.
But I am a believer.

If you aren't the same religion as me... that's okay by me.
I just don't want you to change me to yours... and I promise not to change you to mine.

I feel violated when people don't think I have enough religion in my life.
When they feel like my "involvement" is not maximized.
In fact, it makes me do just the opposite.
You push me to do more... and I want to do less...

It is when you allow me to come on my own... to volunteer (what I am able to give) that makes me feel okay.

Obviously, I don't have the "perfect" realtionship when it comes to religion... thankfully I have forgiveness... and that's all that matters!

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!