Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Four: Forgiveness

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
This is a hard one.
It's hard because I am a very forgiving person.
Of the people that have truly done me wrong, I have moved on and forgiven them.
When my mom died and I couldn't rationalize it and blamed her and God, it took me hitting the bottom of the barrel to accept that it wasn't either one of their faults, and I forgave them.
When R. left me, it took a long time. I had such uncontrollable hatred for him, but I forgave him and it was good. It lifted such a weight off my shoulders.
When my eyes finally opened to how Spencer treated me and I ended things between us, it was hard and I was heartbroken for a long time, but I have forgiven him. I still sometimes wonder how things would be if they hadn't ended badly. But I know that things happen for a reason. That God has someone special just waiting out there for me.
I guess I'm not truly disappointed that I can't answer this one fully....
I think I would be more disappointed in myself if there actually was someone I needed to forgive, yet hadn't.

More to come...

Day 05 → Something you hope to do in your life.

1 comment:

  1. I think it is awesome you can forgive. I am not good at forgiving. I hold grudges for a very long time. I guess I dont deal with my anger very well. Oh yeah and I have trust issues.

    But
    YOU , you are awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!