Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Out on the town

So... yesterday after geeking my boys up, Shane and Brian were kind enough to to take the boys to see Ice Age 3 while Michael and I went out on the town.

I honestly don't know if Michael and I have ever gone out drinking together... maybe once in college.

More than anything, I wanted him to show me his town and introduce me to more of his friends.

We went to Kung Fu Saloon... It was a new bar. It also had a 1980 video games throughout.

Michael and I didn't take the time to play games (mainly because they were SOOOO busy) but we did take time to document our time together.

From there we headed to Anvil Bar and Refuge.
 This place is known for its "mixologists".  
Michael got the "Dewberry Swizzle": Nicaraguan Rum, Lime, Falernum, Dewberry Jam 
and I got "Madeira Cobbler" - Madeira, Orange, Apricot
It honestly wasn't my favorite drink... but then again, I'm more of a vodka girl.

From there we went to Boondocks.
This was definitely  not our scene!
Lots of college kids with kind of a hip hop scene, so we moved on to F Bar
This is where Michael and his friends hang out normally on a Friday night.
I loved meeting them and how gracious they all were toward me.
Nothing more accepting than a bunch of gay men to a guy's little sister. :)

2 comments:

  1. Great picture of you and Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good time and are letting your hair down, you work so hard Dawn all the time it's nice to see.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!