My mom has been gone now for almost 17 years... I have grown up since she left this earth... but she taught me many things about life before she left.
10. Things can be replaced, people can't.
9. It's okay to be goofy sometimes. You are only as old as you feel -- acting young is not the same as acting immature.
8. A good recipe is worth its weight in gold.
7. Smile with your teeth (and your eyes).
6. Listen -- God gave you two ears and one mouth for a reason.
5. Your family might be weird or drive you crazy sometimes, but they are yours-- accept them proudly.
4.When you give more to others (esp. your children) than to yourself, you don't lose out on anything.
3. Hug, kiss, and tell your children you love them daily.
2. Your greatest legacy will be your children-- make sure you raise them in a way you are proud to speak their names.
1. Create memories... they last longer than things.
Thank you mom! I love and miss you daily!
Surfing Sunday 10.22
1 day ago