Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Wall

I am my own worst enemy when it comes to the dating world.

I had a guy tell me not too long ago that dating most women is hard because they are like onions... you slowly peel away the layers to get to know them... but most of the time, you will peel away a layer that reveals her wall.

I fully admitted to him, that you don't have to peel back very many of my layers before you locate the wall.

The wall is an ugly place to be.
It makes me question every guys' intent.
It normally makes me run... and run fast.
It doesn't allude to a successful loving relationship.
I have found myself use my children , my job, and my friends as part of my wall to hide behind.
I don't allow guys to meet my boys... this limits our time... and their involvement in my life.
I can feel the wall creep to the surface... and despite the fact that I try to keep the wall at bay, it still shows up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!