Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

They're blue, but they're NOT Smurfs - aka - an Unexpected Gift

The next day, we pulled out of the city of St. Louis and headed to the city of Chicago.
If you have never made that trek before, let me break it down for you... city, vast land of nothingness, city.
I thought we would never get to Chicago!!!
So... when I saw this:
I was tickled pink!!!

As I was planning for this trip, I kept asking everyone what we shouldn't miss in Chicago... somehow, no one could tell me much.
However, I had forgotten that B.P. loved this city... so I texted him as I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
"Blue Man Group!!!!" I get back from him.
"Sure. If only I was rich..."
"Take your boys, you won't regret it!!"
"I can't."
About 10 minutes later, I got a text from him.
"Are you about to your hotel? ...Because you'd better not be late... your reservations for Blue Man Group are at 8. Pick your tickets up at will call :)"


I couldn't believe it!!  I couldn't thank him enough!  Of course, I had never expected that!!

We quickly arrived to our hotel room.
This was the WHOLE room!!

Which just so happened to be located next to this place...

We unpacked and hopped in a cab.
the boys' first cab ride

Blue Man Group was AWESOME!!!

Everything from the lobby...

To the Black lights...
that make my teeth EXTRA white ;)
To the performers...


Yeah... it was an exceptionally wonderful surprise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!