Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

Climbing is the only cure for gravity

The second day of our vacation led us to the Arch and The City Museum in St. Louis.

I like to call this day of our vacation "Let's-see-how-many-things-we-can-do-to-help-Sam-overcome-his-fear-of-heights Day."  
Of course, that is way TOO long to say repeatedly... so here is "Defy Gravity Day."

As we approached The Arch, Sam looked up and gasped, "We're going up there?!?"

"Yep. You'll be fine." I said.
...and he was.


Both boys especially enjoyed seeing Busch Stadium from up above.

And both loved the tiny little elevator that we rode up and down in. (I on the other hand... wasn't a big fan.)
Don't get me wrong... I don't have a fear of small spaces... my boys said it reminded them of something that would take them to outer space.  I sighed knowing that dream in children will now be fading... until it is no more.

After that, we headed to The City Museum.  Whomever designed this place MUST have had boys!!  It is filled with nooks and crannies to crawl and climb through.  


Places to swing and run and jump.


Places down low...

and places up high... 
(yep, that's Colby and Sam up there 5 stories high)
a 10-story slide
And they even had someone to change my children into tigers.

It was a good day... and I think, my boys were actually tired at the end of all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!