Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

She chose to tell me

The texts.
The giggles.
I look curiously at her.
Sure...it's great to that in love with your husband, but she has never acted this way before.
(We have known each other a long time...I know exactly how each one of them is.)
Our other 2 friends are oblivious, but not me... I see something more.

When we get a second alone, I lean over to see her most recent text.
She leans away to hide it and then shows me anyways.

I look at her and narrow my eyes.
"That isn't J's number." ???
It was more of a statement than it was a question.

It's not.
Without any prodding, she reveals that she has had an affair.
I ask her, "Why? Have there been problems in your marriage?"
"That's the kicker, there hasn't."

I know that is a lie.
Cheating doesn't happen when things are perfect.
I should know.
I thought things were perfect when my ex cheated.
Obviously they were perfect for me, not him.

I can't bring myself to say anything more.
I want to bitch slap her! I want to ask her, 'What the Hell was she thinking?"
But I don't.
It's not my place.

I tell her she needs to think this through, for her kids...for her husband.
She says it's all good.

But I know better.

...I'm just not sure why she chose to tell me.

3 comments:

  1. This is one of those times where you really can't do anything but shake your head in shame and wonder.

    I see you picked up lots of followers yesterday. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I offer some advice... because I am. Take the pop up word verification. If you really want WV then set it up a different way. And set your email address up so that people can email you when you comment on their blogs. If you don't want anyone to have access to your person email you can set up a free account with yahoo or gmail. Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There isn't much you can really do but stand by and watch what unfolds in their life.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!