Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Strangers are friends you have yet to meet

I relish in the fact that I have an ease about me when getting to know someone new...

When meeting someone, if they are willing to put forth the effort, I can find a relate-able topic and talk to just about anyone.

With that being said, there are some people when I meet them, there is just an ease in the conversation... a sense of already knowing each other. We fall into a conversation like we have been lifelong friends. We open up and tell each other things that only our closest friends know about us... a sense of security that shouldn't be there with a "stranger."

It was like this with B.P., which is why I think it has been so hard to move him out of my life. Come to think of it... it was that way with Spencer as well.

Most people that I have met (like this), I have remained friends with, be they male or female.  Having that connection right off, kinda connects you for life.

Well... I have started to talk to someone new off of Match.
I normally don't post before I go on a date with someone... I mean... I go on a lot of first dates!!  You would all get tired of me telling you about them. Seriously.

But this guy... I can't even explain it... He has the same philosophy as me... he knows he's not perfect, nor has his life been perfect... but he sees that even with the bad things there is always a silver lining... you just have to look for it.

We seriously talked on the phone for 3 hours today! We shared what we have done right in our relationships... AND what we have done wrong...and how those things will make us better in our next relationship.  We talked about hard things... like death and divorce. Like I said... we talked like we knew each other enough to share all of this personal deep stuff.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not deciding that this is the person I am meant to be with... if that is what you are thinking, then you are reading this all wrong!  What I am saying is... I think I have gained another lifelong friend ...and I haven't even met him yet.

But if something more comes from it, I'm good with that too!! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this one, Dawn ... even if he's not the one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heres to hoping you meet a great guy.

    I am beginning to wonder myself if they are all the same.
    : (

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!