Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day Twenty-one: accident

Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?

This actually makes me laugh... not the car accident... or the fight... but the question.

To think that a measly little fight would stop someone from running to the side of their best friend who has been in a car accident makes me question this world I live in.

Maybe I have different relationships then most people.
I don't find it strange to rush to comfort acquaintances ...much less friends.

Fights don't occur much in my life... and when they do they are normally quickly forgiven... and if they aren't quickly forgiven, chances are it is because the other person is a repeat offender ...and this isn't the first time I had to forgive them, so I am having to weigh the value of our friendship against the offense they are committing.
Yeah... dropping friends doesn't happen for me often.

That... and a car wreck hits close to home for me... that alone would make me forget the fight. My mom died because of a car wreck.
Most days, I have to suppress my fear of dying in a car.
It is worse on wet and cold days.
I know it would never be healthy (or feasible) if I allowed that fear to overcome my life, so I am just that much more cautious on those days.

So if my bestie were in a car wreck... I would rush to her side.
I would hold her hand and tell her I was there and to not to worry... that everything will be fine.
I would hug her family ...and hold and comfort her children ....because I consider them my family.
I would do all I knew to... and then some.
...because some silly fight would never change the fact that I care deeply for my friends.

“There is no such thing as accident; it is fate misnamed” ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!