Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

You CAN'T handle the Truth!

So today I got served with a subpoena.

It's on a custody battle over one of my students.

I won't go into grand detail because I know too much detail could get me into serious trouble.

I will tell you, however, that several of my fellow teachers were freakin' out when the lawyer arrived to serve me.

amateurs! (Girls....you know I kid. :)

Anyways... they were freakin' out and after he left, M. asked me, "Aren't you worried? Scared?"

me: "What am I to be worried about? Why would I be scared? I have done nothing wrong."

M:"Yeah...but what if they ask you if the mom is a good parent?"

me:"That's my opinion. I'm not there to share my opinion. I'm there to state facts. If they ask my opinion, that's what I will tell them... that my opinion should not weigh on whether or not a parent keeps their child."

Honestly...I am a little nervous. Nervous over the fact that a child's future is at stake here... and I want what's best for him.

So...I have my documentation ready. Wish me luck - court is on Tuesday.

2 comments:

  1. I cant believe that they would even put you in the middle of all that!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!