Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Everything happens for a reason

If you came here for a happy, lovie-dovie post about Valentine's Day, you have come to the wrong place. You won't get that from me... not today.


Tomorrow is a day that is made for romance and to spend with the one you love.
I won't have that.
There will be no romancing.
There will be no spending it with a true love.
There is me and the swirling in my brain
still trying to wrap around the fact that I am single again.
I am back to me, not we.
It was for the best.
We weren't headed the same direction.
I should have gotten off that road a long time ago.
But it is hard.
It is hard when you want it to be right.

When you think if you tried just a little bit harder it will change.

I was wrong.

Maybe... one day... I'll get it right




"I believe everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go. Things go wrong so that you can appreciate them better when they're right. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself. And sometimes good things fall apart so that better things can fall together."
~ Marilyn Monroe

1 comment:

  1. It is so, so hard to get off that road and change course. There are good things ahead of you in this direction,though. You just can't see them yet. (Damn snow!)

    Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!