Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Breakin up is hard to do...

Okay....now that you have that song stuck in your head...I have to say, it is. It is so VERY hard to do.

Sticking by your guns... even harder.

I broke up with Spencer 2 weeks ago.

It was hard to tell someone I love that we were done.

We agreed to be friends.

I hoped that would be possible.

He started calling just like he had called when we were dating ~ in the morning before work, after he got off work, before bed.

If you were an outsider looking in, you might have thought we were still together.

We weren't.


He started saying that he love me at the end of our conversations...I would say it back, because I do. Just because we broke up, doesn't mean I don't still have love in my heart for this man.

This weekend he came up because his daughter had a performance here in my town. I think he thought he would come up, I would see him, and all would be reconciled.

The problem is...him coming up to see me doesn't change the fact that he is 2 and half hours away... and he's not willing to move... and I'm not willing to move.

I had to stick to my guns because not doing so would make this being broken up thing even harder than it already is.

I had to stick to my guns because I want it ALL in a relationship!

I don't think we are going to be able to be friends.
It makes me sad.
We were good as friends.
I could say, "Too bad we ruined it with a relationship." but I won't... because I don't regret it.
Not one little bit.


A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free
Nikos Kazantzakis

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!