Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

For the Love of Friendship

Today was good for my heart...

I broke up with Spencer on Friday.
Not because I don't love him.
Not because he doesn't love me.
But because we both don't see our roads converging into one place.
A place I want to be with the person I love.

My girlfriends (of course) had my back.
With many encouraging words, they did their best to cheer me up.

My ex-husband did the same.
(Yeah...we're weird like that...we still talk even though we will never be together again.)
He told me that things happen for a reason and not to just write this relationship off.

But those aren't the things that helped the ache in my heart.

Spencer came up to see me.
He came up and we decided that we could still be friends.

You see, I have had this man in my life for almost 2 years now.
We went out on a few dates.
Then we became friends...He, in fact, became my best friend.
So, last January when he suggested we give the dating a go again...I couldn't tell him no.
Who else would I rather date than a man I already knew I loved?

Yeah...Friday was a hard day for me... not only because I broke up with the man I love, but because I felt like I lost my best friend.

Today I had my best friend here.
Telling me that things would be okay.
Telling me that no matter what we would always be friends.
Yeah...today was good for my heart.

2 comments:

  1. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermen Hesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difficult thing to do. You sound like a strong woman.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!