Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tid Bits

Just a few quick things to update my life from today...

The case that I got subpoenaed to DIDN'T go to trial today...

I arrived promptly at 8:30 (the trial was supposed to be at 9am)

(*side note...I think lawyers work like doctors...they make appointments at times you are expected to be there, and then set you aside until they are ready for you...Wonder how that would work in my profession?? "Hey kids...I'm not quite ready to teach yet today...have a seat in the waiting room over there. Thanks." To all the wonderful doctors and lawyers out there, I kid...kinda.)

At 10:15, the 3 lawyers decided that they wanted to see me... just me. (Yeah... like that didn't make me more nervous than I already was!)

After about 40 minutes of questioning, they decided to basically "wait and see" how this student does under my watchful eye. Then in May, I will be put on the stand to testify what I have observed. (Freak out city!)

So... basically I'm not done.

-----

Now onto something that made me smile today.

I got to pick my boys up from school today. (Something I rarely get to do since I teach at a different school than them.) Colby was telling me he had a new classmate. I was asking him different questions about her.

Me: "So what's she like?"
C: "I don't know. She just got here today."
Me: "Well...What's her name?"
C: "I don't remember."
Me: "Oh...okay...well...what does she look like?"
C: "What do you mean?"
Me: "What color is her hair?"
C: "Skin color."
Me: ????????????? "Yeah... Mom doesn't know what that means."
C: "Moooooom! You know what color skin is!!! You know a little brown, a little not."

Okay... LOL

1 comment:

  1. I loved the story with Colby! I laughed and laughed. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!