Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Content with me ...is the place to be

I have been there before... happy and content with just me and my boys.

After my divorce, I knew I had limited myself in my marriage. I wanted to get out and do it all! I wasn't going to allow anyone to hold me back....especially not a man!

I even went as far as denouncing the need for a man.


In fact, that is when my dating life just boomed!

Back then, I wasn't looking. My intentions in dating were to go and have fun... to experience things I had never done before.


I just have to get myself back to that place.


I've been working on it this weekend....

The boys and I spent time together just hanging out and having fun.

We went blueberry picking. We went to the lake. We hung out at home, sprayed each other with the hose, and grilled out. We had a great time!

Only a couple of times did I miss and yearn to have some significant other to share these experiences with.

I guess that is what is hard about the place that I am in... I still have the mindset of how it was when I was a couple. I know I need to just be happy and satisfied with the blessings God has given me... and just be content with me.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going great with your boys. I think it's just like you say... you need to get used to things. Your family sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the place I was at and then my guy happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so hard to get to that good place where your ok with out a man.

    Hang in there. Im thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great blog! You have the right mentality to just be content with life the way it is. Enjoy your boys...they won't be small much longer.

    God bless!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!