Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Who defines what "league" you are in anyways??

For those of you that know me... and I mean really know me, know that I am still sometimes surprised when guys use the words "hot" and "sexy" to describe me.

I guess you could say, I grew up as the ugly duckling...
I was never ugly... but I viewed myself as the "sweet" girl.
... and guys don't normally go for that. (at least not in my mind)

What I didn't understand was that it had nothing to do with being sweet... it had to do with being shy, which in turn made it hard for guys to get to know me.

Since my divorce, I have forced myself to shove off that shyness.  Through years of observation (people watching), I know how to talk and interact with others... basically I never meet a stranger now.

The funny thing about being "confident" is that guys tell me things that when I was shy I would have never heard... And sometimes make it hard to believe they are actually talking about ME!

One of the guys that contacted me the previous weeks told me this:
him: Sometimes I think you're my one that got away..
me: Nope. Things happen for a reason.
him: U know I had crazy respect for u... kinda thought u were out of my league
me: what?!?
him: Yep, I did... hot and had it all together... little intimidating
me: I *so* don't have it all together
him: I really thought so... guess no one does
me: Nope. Really we're all just dorks perceiving others greater than us. LOL

And I really do believe that...
I mean who is it that defines these "leagues" anyways??
...Besides ourselves.
It is really a defining how we place ourselves in the scheme of things.

I guess I will try to remember that going forward in the dating world - another dork (like me) is just trying to find a league of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!