Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Come... Lay on my couch...It's free.

It's funny to me how in helping others to deal with their problems, you in turn help yourself work through your own problems.

... or are given the chance to see that those problems that used to haunt you are finally part of your past.



I IMed with a new guy last night.
He is going through a lot of issues.
His ex cheated on him.
He is numb when he thinks of her.
I've been there... I've felt that numbness.


I did a lot of listening and giving of solid advice.
It was not my normal, run-of-the-mill inital conversation with a guy on a dating website.

But it was good for me.
It was good to see that I have made it.
I have made it through the hurt and tears and numbness.

...and I have come out on the other side a better, smarter individual.


I told him that I honestly didn't think he was ready to be out in the dating world,
(Just what a guy wants to hear, right?) but that if he wanted a friend, I could be that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!