Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The light in your eyes

photo by tj blackwell

As a little girl, I would lay in my bed at night staring out the window at the street lights across the street from our house.  The light from the lamps seemed to streak their way to my eyes.  I decided that they did this because I was special... that they didn't do this for just anyone... just for certain people.
I would pretend that those rays of light were coming in and filling me up... preparing me... for whatever I had going on the next day.

I hadn't thought about that for a long time.

Last night, Sam calls me to his room.
"Mom," he says, "those lights out there... they are running to my eyes.  I can see all of the tracks they are making."

"I know.  They used to do that to me when I was a kid. Pretty cool, huh?"


 I then laid down beside him and let the light run to the both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!