Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

If you ask me how I’m doin’ I would say I’m doin’ just fine

I am struggling at school.
Not with my class.
But with the lack of support from my fellow teachers.
When my bestie, Laura, moved down to 2nd grade this year, I knew it would be hard...
and it has been.

But the reason I thought it would be hard is because I knew I wouldn't see her first thing every day... and I wouldn't have her to plan with ...and bounce ideas off of.

Instead, the reason it has been hard, is because I don't have any one in my corner.

Our school has switched to Standards-based grading this year.
A BIG adjustment for us.
We are finding areas that need to be changed... to allow us not to lose our sanity.
But, if I suggest something to my other grade level members, it falls on deaf ears.
Or, if everyone agrees with what I am saying, when I bring it up to our principal, I am hung out to dry... with everyone else acting like they don't have an opinion on the matter.

I have always been the person who gets along with everyone.
I truly believe in being a team member.
And supporting one another as much as you can.

I guess... I wonder... where that support is right now??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!