Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

It's my party... I'll bake if I want to

So... my besties are throwing me a party tonight and I am SOOOO excited!!

I have always loved surprises... and this week of hushed voices and "You just don't worry about what we're doing... mind your own business!" given with a smirk, has just been all kinds of wonderful!

However, I have never been one to have a party and not contribute.  I saw this recipe this past week and decided that this was what I was going to add to the deliciousness that my friends would be bringing:


Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Brownies

I mean, doesn't just the name of it send you to your knees??

Here's what you need:
Favorite brownie mix (mixed to box directions)
Kraft Caramel Bits & Chocolate chips(I used semi-sweet)
3 cups crushed pretzels
1 cup melted butter
5 tbsp sugar

(I have never taken pictures of the process of making food before... it just seems daunting to me to stop what I'm doing to take a pic... that and food just isn't the best subject when you want a certain pose. haha. But I figured, I would try it this once.)

First you crush up the pretzels.  I used a rolling pin and a ziplock baggie... if you have a food processor you could use that too... I just went old school.
work it... work it...
(I like a little extra crunch, so I didn't crush mine completely)

Combine pretzels, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well.
Press pretzel mixture into baking pan that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.

Make brownie mix according to package directions. 
Mix in caramel bits and chocolate chips. (I found the caramel bits by the caramel in the candy aisle)
the recipe didn't say how much of each... so I added both FULL bags... Yumm!!
Mix well and then pour over pretzel mixture.

Bake according to brownie package directions.

It already looks so good and I haven't even cut it yet!!  It would be perfect with ice cream... maybe add a little fudge or caramel sauce... I mean, if you're gonna do it you might as well go all the way, right??

**I will update tonight after I serve it, so you can see the deliciousness in it's sliced form.**

1 comment:

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!