Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Keeping me in line

I was out on a date this evening when my phone rang.
I know it's NOT good manners to answer your phone at dinner, but it was my boys and I hadn't talked to them all day...so I answered the call.

Colby talked on and on about his day. Then he stopped.

C:"What are you doing, Mom?"
me: "I'm eating dinner."
C: "Where?"
me: "At Red Lobster."
C: "Who are you with?"
me: "My friend, J."
C: "Who else?"
me: "no one else sweetheart."
C: "Well...you know it's a school night."
me: "yeah...I know it's a school night.
C: "...and it's also almost bedtime."
me: "I know...I promise not to stay out too late."

Gotta love it when your almost 7 year old is giving you the tenth degree.

7 comments:

  1. Too cute. I have been there myself. It's hard to date and be a mom. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there! LOL Those almost seven year olds are so nosey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taking calls from your children or even a bsitter no matter where you are is NOT bad manners imho; I think it's more like responsible parenting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey someone has to keep you in check...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet post!. Love it!
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my SITS DAY!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great. I will call soon and hear about how things are going with J.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!