Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

From the H-S Nazi

Dear Parents of my 3rd Grade students,

I know that you are fearful of the H1N1 flu virus.

I know that you think your child carrying around small bottles of hand sanitizer is the answer to all your fears.

I know you think I am a mean teacher when I tell them "Absolutely not!" and insist on them using the hand sanitizer on my counter.

I know...

...but what I also know is that:
  • one in five students by eighth grade has tried huffing (inhaling that lovely hand sanitizer to get high) and this normally starts in third or fourth grade.
  • I have already caught several of my own students doing it this year.
  • I can monitor the hand sanitizer and its use when it is on my counter.

So, please be assured that my intent is in the best interest of your child.

Sincerely,
The Hand Sanitizer Nazi

P.S. - No, I didn't really send this home to my parents....but I sure wanted to!

1 comment:

  1. I just read about how high the alcohol content is in that.

    CRAZY.

    Good for you for being a HS Nazi.

    Someone has to be...apparently their parents are not.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!