Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When it rains, it pours

Sure...sure, I could definitely use this analogy for the weather right now, cause I am SOOO tired of waking up and see rain coming down. Instead, I am applying it to my dating scene. Right now, I feel like I am in a monsoon. I mean, I have men coming out of the woodwork!!

You'd think for a gal who has finally stepped back into the dating world this would be a joyous occasion... for me, though, it is just down right frightening. I have never been the girl that guys swoon over and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it quite yet. Sure... hearing all of the compliments is great, but it still embarrasses me! I don't think of myself as "a gorgeous goddess" as one suitor recently put it. I'm a mom. I'm a teacher. I'm me - The girl next door that hung out with all the guys, who all the guys just wanted to be friends with.


I have also never had more than one guy interested in me at once. I am learning I am not so good at juggling. It is a whole lot of energy to keep up with one, much less two or three (or four...I kid:)


I am also someone who over-thinks others' feelings. If I feel like I am possibly doing something that might hurt, irritate, or upset another person - I reconsider my action. This is mighty hard to do when you have several people vying for your attention and you don't want to step on anyone's toes.


So...my only solution is to be honest and hope for the best. (That, and I guess I need to invest in some galoshes - just in case the "monsoon" water is too high ;) or start preparing for the next draught that could be coming.) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!