Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dreams of Dressing room disasters

I had a dream last night that I was in a dressing room wanting to buy some new jeans. The sales girl that was helping me asked me "what size?"
"6" I responded.
She then brought me back a size 14.
Frustrated I told her, "No, I need a six."
So she brought me a shirt and then some fake fingernails.
The whole time I was in there with 2 little girls... one supposedly my daughter.
At one pint and time, the little girl who was my daughter was stark naked looking at herself in the mirror at all angles, judging herself.
I told her that she needed to get dressed.
The sales girl then brought me a bra.
She was like, "Just try it on, it's cute."
So I tried it on.
It took me from a size B to like a size E
I pulled a shirt over.
I looked enormous.
I asked the 2 girls what they thought of my gigantic boobs and they disapproved.
I then headed back into the dressing room where there were clothes strewn everywhere.
As I closed the dressing room door, a new sales girl (who was training a group) asked me if I needed a different size. Frustrated, I told her "NO!"
Then she turned to the group she was training and told them, "You must always be attentive to the customer's needs and get them the size they need."
I thought to myself, "Ha! She did a poor job of training the last one."

Dream Interpretations...
dressing rooms - suggest that you are trying to fit into some new situation or role.

If the clothes do not fit, then it implies a feeling of insecurities.

Jeans - indicate that you are trying hard to fit in with others.

Size- represents the importance or lack of importance that you attach to certain objects or persons. The larger something is, the more important it is.

Shirt - refers to your emotions or some emotional situation.

Fake nails - indicate that your defenses are up.

Children - You are trying to still satisfy repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes. Perhaps there is something that you need to see grow and nurture.

Others being naked - represents some anxiety about discovering the naked truth about that person or situation.

Bra - To dream that you are wearing a bra, signifies support and protection.

Mirror - suggests that you are pondering thoughts about your inner self.

What it all means...
So basically my dream means that I am trying to fit into a new role (being in a relationship) and I am having some insecurities about it. (duh!) It is of huge importance to me and emotionally my defenses are up. I am trying to satisfy some unfulfilled dreams. But I am scared about finding out the truth. So I am thinking about all of this and I feel like I need some support in working through all of this.

Yeah... that pretty much sums it up.

Weird how my inner psyche knows this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!