Here are some things that before you become a teacher, they don't tell you:
- You will live for jean day.
- If you leave it in the teacher's lounge, by accident, it is free game...and it won't be there 20 minutes later. (Vultures...I tell you...vultures!)
- You will learn to how to go 8 hours without having to pee.
- There is no end to your stack of papers.
- You will learn to inhale your food...because there is no time for chewing and enjoying in the 15 minutes that you actually sit down to eat.
- You will have to deal with pee and poop...peeing children that will sit and pee in their chair to "defy" you. Poop stashed throughout your room till you feel like a crazy person calling all other teachers in to help you sniff to locate the stash.
- You will (at some point and time) google "Life after teaching"
- You will joke with your teacher buddies about drinking in your closets...because even though it would never happen...some days you wish it could.
- You will participate in days like "Pajama Day"...and get complimented repeatedly for your crazy sock monkey pajamas. Who knew kids like to see their teachers in pajamas??