Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Some wishes never come true

Colby said, "You know what I wish Mom?"
Me:"What son?"
Colby: "I wish you and dad lived in the same house again."
Me: (smile falling from my face) "That's never gonna happen."

I'm just realizing that my son is the same age I was when my parents divorced.
I remember having a similiar conversation with my mom...already knowing that was never going to happen.
I remember many feelings I felt around those times and conversations imprinted forever on my mind.
I remember being torn between wanting to love both parents, but not wanting to dishearten either parent because I had love for the other.

...I don't want my son to feel torn.

1 comment:

  1. He's so fortunate that you understand how he feels. That you can connect with what he's going through. He's very lucky to experience that kind of love.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!