Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Making the best of it

So... after last night's pity party, I had crazy dreams of riding in vehicles with people I didn't know and losing my children.

According to the dream dictionary, it meant:
To dream that someone else is lost, represents that you may have lost something within your own self. Perhaps you need to recapture and re-acknowledge those aspects.

Weird how our psyche interprets things for us... knowing that I felt like I was losing myself to my first unplanned summer day without adults.

So, I decided I was going to make the best of my day with my boys.

We had races through the sprinkler.


..and moral support when the wiffle ball went into the weeds.

We went and registered me for my next 5k.

And we headed to my friend, Angela's for a birthday party.

Overall, it was a good day.
I got a small dose of adult conversation.
...cause you know, stopping cold turkey is never fun ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad your day turned around.
    Besides getting through the summer, having some type of interaction is part of the reason I moved from being a para to becoming a classroom teacher in a child care center. When I was a para I wouldn't have anything to do during the day it really did a number on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming yesterday. I am blessed to have you in my life. I love it when God's plan for people to be a part of each other's life comes to fruition. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!