Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

Whatever the struggle, continue the climb. It may be only one step to the summit.

My circle of friends who are divorced or going through a divorce continues to grow.
This truly saddens me.
I never imagined I would be part of this elite common group.

Because becoming part of this group is a struggle, I always try to aide anyone that I can with any advice I can give. I don't view my advice as perfect.  I don't view my advice as being for everyone. I just view it as... if I can help someone ease their way down this path... I want to.

One of my friends is currently going through these struggles.
One reaction to this stress is insomnia. They have slept about 2 hours in the last 48.
I explained to them that they need to try... try everything!... because living your life as a zombie... isn't living.
This is when they told me they felt like they aren't living life currently... that life is just passing them by.

I know this feeling!!
I have so been there.
It's a stage of this process that no one tells you that you have to go through.
When I was there, I didn't think I would ever get past it.

That's where I came in today...
I told my friend, "It does get better! Just wait... when you get to the 'Living Life' stage... you appreciate it so much more... because you survived THAT other stage."


Here's to surviving to the next stage...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding everyone that you eventually get to the living life stage!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!