Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

It's kinda like being a cat juggler...

I've never been good with dating more than one guy at once... guess you could say I'm a one-guy-at-a-time type of gal.  But that isn't how it has been lately... I have had multiple guys interested in me... I have been emailing a 2 or 3(trying to get to know them better before going out on a date with them) and then two that currently want to take me out.

Now, let me start out by saying that I am a mom first and foremost... so my nights without children are not a lot... and then trying to figure out which guy I want to see... well...that is where the juggling comes in.

Last Friday, when I spent the evening with The Fireman, I was also invited out by B.P.  At the time, I had tentatively invited The Fireman over, but hadn't gotten confirmation.  Then B.P. called and wanted to know if I was free... he wanted to know if I wanted to join him on a quick trip to St. Louis.  (B.P. has known me long enough to know that I like spur of the moment.)  But, of course, I was cake decorating, so I told him that I couldn't.

But that is when the panic set in... What if B.P. suggested he come hang out??  How do I tell him no without eluding to the fact that I might have someone else coming over?? What if B.P. texts me all night ( like he sometimes does) while The Fireman is here??

Yeah... see?? It makes me an awful befuddled mess.

Thankfully, none of that happened. B.P. told me to have a great night of cake decorating... and The Fireman came over and hung out... and that was that.

But I have a feeling that won't be the last evening like that... and next time may not go as smoothly.  Anyone have any juggling advice before any claws come out?

2 comments:

  1. "Cake decorating"? Now THERE'S a metaphor. You sly girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juggling advice? Wow. The best I can give is: rely heavily on caller id. And I know that's not the least bit helpful.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!