Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

So The Fireman came and hung out with me while I got ready for my boys' birthday party.
He had wanted to take me out and I told him that there was just no way... that I had too much to get done... that if he wanted to come hang, he could.

I really didn't think he would.

I mean, how fun is it to see someone else bake and cook and clean??

He took it all in stride though.
He even helped out....which I thought was cute... seeing this big burly guy helping roll out fondant for a birthday cake.

The thing I can't get past though ...is that he makes me feel old.
He's 29. I'm 35.
Those are just numbers in my eyes.
Normally those numbers don't bother me.
But it is the maturity of the person.
...and he acts young for his age.
Which is great for him.
But not for me.
I like a mature, but fun-loving guy.

So how do I tell this great guy that has treated me well... and with respect ... that the reason I don't want to date him any longer is because I don't want to feel old?

Or is this just another one of my copouts??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!