Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right

Well... I got to ring in my New Year in style.

I SOOOO much felt like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman... Knowing I was in a place that I didn't belong, but loving every second of it!
The Professor took me to the most elite restaurant in town.

Knowing I had no attire that would even come close to touching what I felt should be worn there, I had to go do a little shopping.

Everywhere I looked, nothing seemed suitable... So I went where the elite shop. (More than anything to wish and dream... and get ideas for somewhere else.)

Luckily though, they were having an After Christmas Sale and many of their dresses and shoes were on sale. Those two things put together made me hit my budget.
Even though the jewelry and the clutch were perfect that the sales lady let me try out with the dress, I reluctantly handed it back to her knowing I couldn't afford to get it all.

Thankfully, I have friends that care about me and my happiness... and one of them surprised me by joining me on the shopping trip and purchased my jewelry and my clutch. I will forever be in their debt for making my day even better than it was before.
When I arrived to The Professor's place, he was cracking me up... trying to make everything perfect - he had roses and a bottle of champagne.
What he hadn't realized is... that he had already made it perfect.... just by treating me like I was a million buck ...made me feel like I was a million bucks.

Finally it was time to head to the restaurant.
The weather had decided to turn frigid... and even though I would have liked to have posed in front of the place that we were eating for a pic opportunity... my warmth was Numero Uno... so we got one inside.

I know I gave it away that I shouldn't be there by taking pictures of everything, but The Professor took it all in stride... as he encouraged me to take pictures of every course.
I was happy that he did... This is a night I want to remember always...
For an appetizer, we had bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with crab.
Seriously...3 different animals in one bite... yeah, it was to die for!
Then came the salad...Smoked duck breast served over mixed greens with fresh strawberries, Feta cheese, toasted pecans and apple cider vinaigrette.
Yeah... I forgot to take a pic right off... I guess I was too excited. :)




Then came the main course...Center cut filet with a mushroom ragout, served with shallot mashed potatoes and Haricot Vert beans.
The filet melted in my mouth... definitely some of the best food I have ever eaten.


And then when I didn't think the meal could be topped... they brought out the dessert... Fresh fruit Napoleon with chocolate mint ice cream, raspberry sauce and sweet paste cookie garnish.
I have had Napoleon ice cream before... but NOT this dessert... it was made with phyllo dough and strawberries and chocolate and powered sugar.
Yeah... it was a little bit of heaven!!!


The view from where we sat... funny that the world went on around us... 'cause I thought time had stopped and stood still while we were there.


It was then almost time to ring in the new year... so we donned our hats...
...and had a good laugh...
...and got to look down on the fireworks.
Yeah... if my New Year's night was anything like what I should expect in this coming year... I am VERY excited!!

3 comments:

  1. Fun! I want my own professor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes of happiness! How fun, and what a great guy! (Kind of got a Ben Affleck thing going on there?)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!