Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Conversations with the kid

I love conversations with my boys...to see how they view this crazy world of ours.

Tonight at supper, Sam said "Mom, when I grow up, I'm gonna marry you."
Me: "You mean you're gonna marry a girl like Momma?"
Sam: "No, I'm gonna marry you...you are the only girl I love."

So sweet...but I wanted to clarify things for him.

Me: "Well, Sweetheart, you can't marry Mom because I'm your mom."
Sam: "Well...then I guess I'll just live by myself and have a dog."

Oh...not where I wanted him to go...

Me: "But don't you want to have kids of your own someday?"
Sam: "Oh. Yeah...... Boys can't have babies....I guess I will have to marry a girl, huh?"
Me: "Yep"
Sam: "Well.... okay....but you're the only girl I love right now."
Me: "That's fine...Mom is okay if you don't love another girl for a LONG time!"

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. And what a sweet heart he has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he's got it all figured out, for sure. He's pretty on the ball, as far as the whys and hows. As long as you don't tell him he'll never find a wife as good as you, he'll be A-OK

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!