Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The cock may crow, but it is the hen that lays the egg

I know that divorces aren't meant to be smooth. I just hate it sometimes that I have to communicate more with my ex now than we did when we were married.

He called me the other day and asked for our 2007 taxes , a copy of our divorce decree, and a copy of our quit claim deed. I laughed.

I laughed because all of those things he could have gotten from somewhere else, but I was the shortest distance between point A and point B.

I was kind, polite, whatever you want to call it and I got those things for him.

Then today I got some texts from him. He wanted me to go to my bank and produce copies of my new loan to prove that he was off the old loan. I told him that the quit claim deed did that - that he just needed to show that. He said that his name was still showing up on the loan. He told me to just do it because the house he is looking to buy is a rush job and he needs that documentation ASAP.

I thought to myself, "And this concerns me how???" He didn't hold my hand as I went about to refinance... and the reason he didn't is because... we aren't married any more!

So, I told him to contact our old mortgage company if he needed more proof that the old loan was paid off. In a sarcastic manner, he told me thanks for all my help.

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! Have I told you how amazing I think you are? And, no, I'm not drinking. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!