Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

If you truly want honesty, don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to

I despise telemarketers.
I am on the no call list, but I still get the occasional call.

Today was one of those days.
I saw it on my caller ID, but I decided that I would tell whomever was calling to take me off their list.

It was from XM radio.
I had their service... now let me tell you up front I loved my XM because my part of the country is about 6 months behind the rest of the country when it comes to music.  I would hear a song on XM and be tired of it before it even breached my local radio station. (and then would laugh when my local radio station would say "Here's a new release from so-and-so")

My problem with XM was their service... not the one provided to me, but the people I dealt with. I was told I would get a year's free worth of service. I got 3 months. When I decided to pay for an additional 6 months, I gave my credit card info that day. Nine months later, I received a call from a collection agency for said bill.

For someone who always pays their bills on time, I was pissed!!!

So... today... when the woman on the other line said, "I'm from XM and just so you know this call is being recorded for quality assurance purposes.  Can you tell me why  you left our service?" I let know exactly why.

Strange, but she didn't try to stay on the line with me OR try to get me to re-join their service.
Betcha I don't get any more calls from them.... and I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!