Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Runner

So I have had "the freak out" moment.

I told my friend Laura that I was going to end things with the new guy.

"Why???" she wanted to know.

"I don't know... I just am."

And then she did what a great friend does... she explained what she had seen and hear come out of me the last two weeks about him... and then she said, "Don't run because other guys have been sh*tty to you in relationships!"

That's when I realized that I could potentially be a "runner".

You know, one of those people that run as soon as they think a relationship might be "serious".

I don't want to be a runner... but I also don't want to get hurt. I realize that neither previous relationship hurt me in the beginning, but I guess that is the scary part. I got completely invested before they screwed me over.
So... I'm going to try to give this guy a chance... and try not to run.

2 comments:

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!