Here are some questions that I asked my sons. Sam is 5 and Colby is 7
1. Tell me the five best things about you.
S: Umm...I like to play with you, I like to play with Colby, I like to play with dad, I like to play baseball, I get surprises when it is my birthday.
C: Well... I am good at baseball and throwing balls, I am the greatest baseball player on my team, my teacher loves me, my friends like me because I am nice, and because my mom and dad do almost everything I say(yeah...right!). ~That was a hard question, Mom!
2. If you could tell me never to serve two vegetables again, which two would you choose?
S: Broccoli and swiush (Squash)
C: Broccoli and celery
3. Who do you think I'd rather you be: an NBA ballplayer, the mayor, a famous explorer, or a movie star? Why?
S:A basketball player because I could get a lot of points.
C: A mayor because I could then become president and then you could come visit me at my house (the White House).
4. If you had to have one of these, which would pick – and why? Really long nose hairs, hair in your ears, massively hairy armpits!
S: I don't know...(laughing)
C: Mmmm... Hairy armpits because I would have a jungle going on in my armpits.
5. If you could arrange it, what time would I come home from work? Then, what would we do together?
S: At the same time I do (11am). We would go get a milk shake... only one to share.
C: At 2pm. We would go to SDC (a theme park)
6. What's your favorite meal that I make you?
S: Green eggs and ham
C: White sauce with noodles (Chicken Alfredo)
7. What do you think of my driving?
C: You are a good driver.
8. What is the most enjoyable thing our family has done together in the last three years?
S: Going to Disney World (this was when he was 2, so I think he only remembers it from pictures)
C: Go to SDC (theme park)
9. What would you do if you were invisible for a day?
S: I would be a ghost. I would scare you. (laughing)
C: I would like to go through walls.
10. What do you think is beyond the stars?
S: A moon and planets with watermelons
C: The planet Pluto
11. What is the nicest thing a friend has ever done for you?
S: He helps me clean up.
C: Helped me up when I fell down.
12. Name two things we should do as a family on the weekend.
S: Cook steaks and go to SDC
C: We should go to Kansas City and visit Uncle Michael and Brian (in Texas).
13. If you were going to have a weird, unusual pet, what would it be? Why would you want that pet?
S: A humongous bird because it can fly and we could get on it and fly around.
C: A walrus because it has sharp teeth and can eat fish. (Sam~ "But we don't have fish here.")
14. What have you done, in school or sports or anywhere, that you are especially proud of?
S: Hitting the ball into the outfield in baseball.
C: I got a 100% on a test.
15. What do I do that makes you laugh?
S: You are always tickling me.
C: You tell funny jokes.
16. How do you describe me to your friends?
S: You have brown hair and you are happy.
C: You are nice. You teach third grade and you are mean to kids...Is that true, mom? No...(laughing) you aren't mean to kids. You are the funniest mom. You have spiky hair. You smile every day and you talk a lot. I think that is all I can say about you now.
17. What is the grossest thing you can think of?
C: broccoli belch! I do NOT like broccoli!
18. What do you think is the right age for marriage? Why?
S: 36 because 4 is not a high number to get married.
C: 25 because it is in the 20's. You shouldn't get married at 7 years old because it is illegal.
19. Who do you think you are most like in our family? Why?
S: Dad because he plays baseball.
C: You, mom, because I have the same nose, mouth, and the same shape of eyes as you.
20. What makes me special as your mom?
S: You play games with me.
C: You hold me. You kiss me under the neck. You call me when you are sad. You let me snuggle up with you when I am cold. You let me sleep in your bed when I wake up in the middle of the night.
Yeah... I feel pretty priviledged to be a mom to these two! (I was having difficulty typing this last sentence... as I was being attacked with kisses. Happy Mother's Day!!)
Surfing Sunday 6.28
4 days ago