Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland?

Signs I was not ready for this winter weather:

NO snow boots - CHECK!
NO snow shovel - check, CHECK!
NO extra food in the house - checkity, check, CHECK!

(I have a perfectly good excuse... the day I had planned to go get these things...the day before the snow hit ~ I was home puking.)

So today...I will attempt to get out.

Out of this house of solitude.

Out to see the neighborhood children playing while mine are at their dad's... me missing out on seeing their flushed faces with their voices screaming of delight in all of this newly fallen snow.

Out amongst other human beings who were (hopefully) not as ill (or ill-prepared) as I was.
Out to risk my life and limb to... get out.

At least I had my camera to keep me entertained...
Snow falling at midnight
Who knew snow falling would photograph so well??
Here's where we hit the 7 inches mark.

Off my back porch


Update: Happy to report I got out of my driveway (without owning a shovel~ Thank heavens for front-wheel drive), I went and got my boys (not seeing them for 4 days was way too long) and when I returned home one of my lovely neighbors had done shoveled my driveway for me. Man, I love them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I really think your blog it is beautiful. I love the style and the pictures. Very interesting to read too. I hope to return very soon. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Cheers, Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos!! :)

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAH! glad I've been staying in - your's is the second blog in a row referring to puking. Something is definitely going around :-(

    Glad you made it out!

    Welcome to SITS. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty pics but good golly I am so sick of winter I could puke on my shoes. Am I right?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!