Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

The perfect relationship??

What I dream about is having a relationship that people envy... one that people say,"They were meant for each other!" because they see that we have a certain glow about us - Both of us complimenting each other - making each other strong in our weaknesses. But I wonder... where does this relationship that I dream about live? Does it live just in the illusion of what I see others have? I realize that no single marriage/relationship is perfect, but I want one that is perfect for me!


I came across this Poem called "After A While" by Veronica A. Shoffstall


After a while...
you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul
and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning
and company doesn't always mean security.

And you begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts
and presents aren't promises
and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up
and your eyes ahead with the grace of woman, not the grief of a child
and you learn to build all your roads on today
because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans
and futures have a way of falling down in mid-flight.

After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much
so you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul
instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.
And you learn that you really can endure
you really are strong
you really do have worth
and you learn
and you learn with every goodbye,
you learn...



Take chances. Tell the truth. Date someone totally wrong for you. Say no. Spend all your cash. Say yes. Sleep an entire day. Read a book. Tell a story. Fall in love. Get to know someone random. Be random. Say I love you. Laugh at a stupid joke. Cry. Get revenge. Apologize. Tell someone how much they mean to you. Drink until the bottle's empty. Sing out loud. Tell an ***hole what you feel. Let someone know what they're missing. Laugh until your stomach hurts. Live Life. And Learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!