Pages

Monday, June 16, 2008

I LOVE summer school!

I know a lot of you are saying right now, "Yeah... right!" because you know how sarcastic I can be. But I am NOT being sarcastic right now - I do. I do LOVE summer school!

If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago when my regular school year was ending...I would have droned on and on about how I just really couldn't foresee dragging myself to school a WHOLE 'nother month. But now that I am here...it's all sunshine and daisies. (Okay - that might be pushing it a bit far, but really... it's all good!)

Let me just tell you the reasons why I LOVE summer school SO much!
  1. No papers to grade!!
  2. Outdoor exploratory for an hour every day. (Okay - in layman's terms this is recess...but for technicality purposes it is NOT in summer school! LOL)
  3. Switching of classes = one lesson plan per day
  4. No papers to grade!!
  5. Opportunity to teach and learn about fun stuff that (unfortunately) we don't have time for in the regular school year.
  6. Crafts
  7. Having time to go the computer lab.
  8. Did I mention NO papers to grade?!!!

But the reason I am loving summer school most of all this summer is the kids! These kids were 4th graders this year, which meant I never had them in class. For some...this was a blessing for me. But for many...I am so glad that I had an opportunity to get to know these kiddos before they leave my building. It actually makes me sad that now that I know their smiling faces, I won't get to see them on a daily basis after summer school is over. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!