Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Did I mention I love my neighbors?

Now that summer has hit, everyone in my neighborhood seems to be out and ready. "Ready for what?", you might ask.

Well... my neighbor, Tonya, was ready and willing to take my kids to play with hers on their new slip and slide and then (after I had some time to myself) asked me over for a glass of wine and some adult conversation.

I have posted in the past about my neighbor from across the street, Johnny. He seems to have taken it upon himself to make sure I am well taken care of. - No complaints from me, by any means!

Then, today, Jerry (Johnny's next door neighbor) came and asked me if he could cut down two dead trees that I have in my yard. These trees are HUGE!! They died due to a sewage leak that we had in our yard about a year and a half ago. The price to have a service come do it is astronomical - which is why they are still standing. I asked Jerry what he would charge me. He said that he just wanted the wood when it was all said and done. "Perfect! They're yours!" I told him.

God must know that I need these kinds of people in my life - 'cause heaven knows I would be a mess without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!