Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Why I go to work every day

I come home exhausted daily because of her.
She wears me thin.
You wouldn't think one child could do that.
... but she does.
Single-handedly.

I have to repeat myself... and then address her personally.
She is on the floor... and under my desk... and on someone else's desk... and sharpening her pencil... and taking someone else's scissors... and gluing someone else's paper... and... and... and...
All within the time that it takes for me to turn my back.
I know I shouldn't turn my back.
I sometimes wish I did have eyes in the back of my head.

All of that every day.
Constant attention.

And then she draws me this...


Yep. That's why I get up every morning... and give a little one the constant attention she needs.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing. I hope I have moments like that...it is in pursuit of moments like this that are the reason I am - on day 4 of my teacher training course - telling myself not to panic, not to be overwhelmed with all the things I need to know and currently don't know, to trust myself and my capabilities...I'm hoping one day soon I start listening to myself and stop stressing:0p

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!