Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Rut Ro Raggy ~or~ Happy birthday boys...Mom's tired.

So, it is Wednesday... and I have finally recovered enough to blog about this weekend's birthday party.

Every year I allow my boys to choose a theme for their party (their birthdays are 4 days apart - I will keep this good thing going as long as they let me!). In return, I bake a cake to go along with that theme.

Hey....It's what I do.

Once a year.

This year's theme was Scooby Doo.

Easy enough... I thought.

You see, I tend to bake two days before the party and decorate the night before the party. I've done it for 7 years now. It seems to work.

This year...not so much.

Don't get me wrong... The baking went fine. The cake decorating went fine.

I ended up with these:






I was happy with them.

I knew the boys would be happy with them.


So I headed to bed. (as the clock was pushing 2 am)

The next morning I got up to find the back half of the Mystery Machine had toppled over. I'm not sure if Fred had been drinking and driving or if it was the obscene amount of humidity in the air...but either way my cake was no longer intact.


(I was too sad to take a picture.)





I, however, did not have time to rebake & redecorate. So, I did what any insane person would do. I rebaked a cake....only to think, "What in the world am I doing???I DON'T have time for this!!!" So, I trashed the back half of the old cake and ran to Wal-Mart as fast as I could to get more icing.


By noon, the old cake had been reicing-ed (I'm sure that is not a real word, but cut me some slack here!) to have a back end, but was by no means as nice as it had been before.

The party was attended by friends new and old - I think the count I got was 52 attendees. TOO many! But everyone had a great time! The cake was eaten...imagine that! People actually ate my short bus Mystery Machine...and liked it.

Yeah...I'm just that good!

3 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how much work and time it takes to whip up a couple cakes. And they look rad to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cakes! That is serious talent. (And something tells me Shaggy was probably responsible for the short bus accident.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what comes from watching your FAVORITE show, Ace of Cakes. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!