Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A hidden connection is stronger than an obvious one

It's funny what connects us... a common bond...a common interest.

I started reading a blog about a year ago. It was written by a stay-at-home dad. He had funny little anecdotes. He viewed the world in a humorous light - one that made me think, "I wonder what Mike and Maddie (his daughter) are up to today...I need a good laugh."

Then a few months back, his wife got laid off and so Mike went back to work. I was disappointed as I missed my daily laugh and update of this little family I didn't know personally. But, lucky for me, he linked to his wife's (Heather) blog. She is equally as funny/quirky.

Through Heather's blog, I learned of the struggle they went through to get Maddie into this world. She was born prematurely and had many surgeries. Many nights Mike and Heather thought they were going to lose their little girl ~ but she was a fighter...she held on. Maddie celebrated her first birthday in November.

I'm sure you are all wondering where I am going with all this...Well...Mike, Heather, and Maddie...they were my pick-me-up. When I was having a bad day, I would drop in on their blog and giggle and laugh at the crazy things their little fam was doing.
I needed a pick-me-up today so I headed to their blog. I hadn't been there in over a week...I needed to catch up.

I was blown away! The last time I had read Heather posted that Maddie had to go to the hospital again. (Maddie had been many times.) I was not prepared for emotionally that this happy little family would lose their beautiful daughter. I bawled my eyes out. It made me want to run and kiss and hold my own and thank God they are safe and healthy.

Please visit Heather's site and if possible donate to the March of Dimes.
The purple is in honor of Maddie...a little girl I never knew, but felt like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!