Pages

Friday, October 25, 2013

bang head here



I know that relationships are hard.
I know that they are not all sunshine and daisies.
But there are days that I think I could scrap all of it and just be alone.

I mean, it is hard enough to meet your own expectations of how you want your life to go... and then throw in your kids' expectations ... and your ex's expectations of you... and now a boyfriend's too.

I was told last night that I don't meet his expectations of how I should treat his kids.
I looked at him dumbfounded and said, "What??! I don't treat your kids badly!"
He responded with, "You're right, you don't... but you treat them like they are one of your students."

Now, if you know me, you know I am very loving to my students. I care and worry and cry about them and get frustrated for them.

Do I treat them like my own two boys?
No.
... because they aren't mine.

...and his aren't mine either.

I guess knowing expectations is a good thing... but not when you don't think it will change things... then it is just frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!