Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

No, the godfather didn't send me

Back in September when I first showed my students my cake decorating site, one of my students, J., exclaimed, "Oh. my. gosh! You are so making me a horse cake for my birthday!!

Now let me just tell you... I am around third graders ALL the time.  They tell you things and most of the time it is one of those things that you smile and nod and take it with a grain of salt.

Well... come October during Parent/Teacher conferences, J's mom says, "J has talked and talked and talked about you and your amazing cakes.  She wants you to do her birthday cake."

This is where my do-I-mix-my-two-jobs?? internal conundrum comes in.  So I politely handed her my card and told her to not feel obligated.

J. kept on and on.  She definitely did not let her parent or me forget that she wanted her cake made by me.

So, this week, it finally happened.

She was SO happy!!

Sidebar: when shopping for chocolate licorice for horse hair, look at your local Target first, NOT the specialty candy store... you will save about $5. Lesson learned the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!