Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I can't sleep

My children sleep.
I wish I could... but I can't.

I tell myself that the heat is bearable... and I'm sure it is ...because I have made it the last few nights without the air conditioning.  
Those nights it was just me. 
Just me laying in bed listening to the sounds of the night.
Just me being "exposed"... 


But tonight... with my children sleeping soundly in our somewhat cooler basement... I can't sleep.


Because even though we live in a safe neighborhood... 
and crime is not heard of... 
I can't sleep... because every single window and door is open... welcoming in the cooler night air... 
but the only thing that is standing between us and the outside is a screen door without a latch.


...and for some reason... the thought of this makes it to where I can't sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I don't blame you. I live in Miami and even on those few days where it is cool enough to sleep with the windows open, I can't do it. Too paranoid. You know the chances of something happening are so low but I understand.

    Hope it cools off soon or that you will fall asleep just due to pure tiredness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have been able to sleep either. What's the prognosis on the AC?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!