Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

“Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall never be disappointed.”

I did it again...
I let a guy play with my emotions.
I'm sure he doesn't even know how much it hurt me.
You see, I got invited to a super bowl party by him.
He told me he would let me know details closer to time.
In guy terms, I'm sure it was nothing.
I have been here before.
Guys say things... in passing... to them, it's just that - talking.
But to me... I don't give an invite unless I plan to make good on it.
That's where I go wrong... I believe that a guy is going to make good on what they say.
I have been hurt time and time again by listening to guys "talk".
I need to do better... for myself.
Not to assume... so I won't be disappointed.

I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men... I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential... waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.” ― Elizabeth GilbertEat, Pray, Love

1 comment:

I LOVE to hear what your thoughts are on my thoughts...so leave me a comment. Tell me what's on your mind!